HPCA-23 Call for Papers
23rd IEEE International Symposium on High-Performance Computer Architecture Austin, Texas, USA, February 4 – 8, 2017
(collocated with PPoPP-2017 and CGO-2017)
The International Symposium on High-Performance Computer Architecture provides a high-quality forum for scientists and engineers to present their latest research findings in this rapidly-changing field. Authors are invited to submit papers on all aspects of high-performance computer architecture. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
– Processor, cache, and memory architectures
– Parallel computer architectures
– Multicore and multiprocessor architectures
– Impact of technology on architecture
– Power-efficient architectures and techniques
– Dependable/secure architectures
– High-performance I/O systems
– Embedded, reconfigurable, and heterogeneous architectures
– Interconnect and network interface architectures
– Architectures for cloud-based HPC and data centers
– Innovative hardware/software trade-offs
– Impact of compilers and system software on architecture
– Performance modeling and evaluation
– Architectures for emerging technology and applications
Authors should submit an abstract by July 25, 2016 11:59 PM CDT. They should submit the full version of the paper August 1, 2016, 11:59 PM CDT. No extensions will be granted. The full version should be a PDF file following the submission guidelines that will be made available at the submission website. Papers should be submitted for blind review. We anticipate making a Best Paper award; all papers will be evaluated based on their novelty, fundamental insights, experimental evaluation, and potential for long-term impact. New-idea papers as well as papers that significantly advance established areas are strongly encouraged. Submission issues should be directed to the program chair at email@example.com . Details formatting and submission guidelines will be made available at http://hpca23.cse.tamu.edu . HPCA-23 will host an Industrial Paper Session presenting novel insights from industry. See the HPCA 2017 website for submission details.
– Abstract submission: July 25, 2016, 11:59 PM CDT (firm deadline)
– Paper submission: August 1, 2016, 11:59 PM CDT (firm deadline)
– Notification of paper outcome: October 12, 2016
Sponsored by the IEEE Computer Society TC on Computer Architecture
HPCA-23 Industry Session Call for Papers
The 23th International Symposium on High-Performance Computer Architecture (HPCA-23) will include an industry session on the architecture of future systems technologies. The objective of this session is to provide a unique forum for industry participants to present their perspective on technical challenges facing future systems and discuss potential solutions. The discussion in this forum is expected to educate the wider computer architecture community on the challenges facing the industry and to encourage them to investigate solutions. The session will include a small number of papers selected based on depth and relevance to the HPCA audience.
Architects, designers and developers involved in some aspect of industrial computer systems design and development are invited to submit a paper describing new challenges, issues, and opportunities in the next-generation computer systems. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
* Architectures for cloud, mobile, social, big data, and analytics
* New computing and usage paradigms
* Case studies and performance evaluation of real machines
* Evaluation and benchmarking including new application domains
* Heterogeneous computing: SoCs, CPU+GPU, and HW accelerators
* Innovative architectural paradigms
* Innovative hardware/software trade-offs
* Design complexity and verification
* Power, energy, and temperature
* Systems reliability
* Memory and storage systems
* Interconnect and network interfaces
* Parallelism from instruction, chip to system levels
* Circuit technology: noise, process variation, and memory scaling
* Issues with deeply scaled CMOS
* Advanced compilation techniques
Accepted papers will appear in the HPCA proceedings, and the authors will present their work at the conference.
Authors should submit an electronic copy of the full paper in PDF that does not exceed 11 pages + unlimited pages for references, using the same double-column format as the main track. Submissions must be unpublished and not submitted for publication elsewhere. Work that has already appeared in unpublished or informally published workshops proceedings, or as an IEEE Computer Architecture Letters paper, may be submitted. Submissions deadline is Aug 22th 2016 @ 5PM EST.
Please submit your full paper (no abstract pre-submission) to the following link: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=hpca23industrialsess
* Paper Submission: 5PM EST,August 22, 2016
* Notification: October 12th, 2016 (with HPCA)
* Camera-ready: TBA
* Symposium: February 4th-8th
INDUSTRY SESSION CHAIR
Chris Wilkerson (Intel)
Alper Buyuktosunoglu (IBM)
Niket Choudhary (Qualcomm)
Khubaib Khubaib (Apple)
Shubu Mukherjee (Cavium)
Steve Reinhardt (AMD)
Jared Stark (Intel)
Ren Wang (Intel)
HPCA-23 Call for Workshops
The 2017 IEEE International Symposium on High-Performance Computer Architecture (HPCA-23) is seeking proposals for workshops and tutorials to accompany the conference. Workshops and tutorials will be held on Saturday-Sunday, February 4-5, and may be a half day or a full day in length.
We encourage members of the community to consider submitting proposals for workshops and tutorials that bring together researchers and practitioners working on research topics of significant current interest to the HPCA community.
Prospective workshop and tutorial organizers are invited to submit proposals by completing the online submission form: https://goo.gl/forms/
For questions, please contact the Workshops and Tutorials chair, Michael Ferdman (firstname.lastname@example.org).
– Deadline for submission: September 16, 2016, 11:59 PM EDT
– Notification of acceptance: October 10, 2016
The proposals will be evaluated by members of the HPCA 2017 organizing committee.